Sunday, 18 March 2007

The effect of a good motor

Sometimes as part of my work I have to give customers demonstrations of our electric bicycles.

I enjoy this most of the time. There are moments when our clever customers can stump me with technical questions but usually I'm ok.

I particularly enjoy the bit where I explain, just before a customer hops on for their trial bike ride, (usually a Synergie Levanto) that the motor in the bike is really rather powerful and they should proceed with caution till they get used to it. I say "It really gives you a good kick, so be careful."

They generally nod their heads and say "OK."

Then I watch them get on the bike, start to pedal and suddenly their expression changes. "Oooooooooohhh!!" they shout. "Ohhh, it really gives you a big kick, doesn't it???" as they speed off into the distance.

I briefly worry about whether they're going to come back, and then after about 5 minutes they pull up by our workshop, flushed and trembling slightly.

What did I tell you?

No comments: